Thursday, June 28, 2007

Gratitude


I've been attempting to express my gratitude for all the folks who have helped me during my undergrad.

I ran into my first year calculs prof. He was especially helpful for me. I came back to school as a mature student and was sure that everyone would think that I was some sort of freak. On top of that, I didn't remember anything from high school. This prof made me feel like I belonged at university and that I could do well. He showed me how to access the resources on campus and I ended up getting a 92 in the class. He also proved to me that profs can be approachable and for the most part, people will want to give me a hand if I ask. As we were walking I noticed a squirrel on the walk who suddenly went flat and I commented that it was a pancake squirrel. The squirrel then scuttled along the ground towards a tree. I wondered if it was sick. I realised after about 5 more steps that she was ready to be mounted. And I felt incredibly awkward and couldn't wait to get away. Yikes.

There are so many other folks I've been thanking as I go through my summer. All the wonderful folks who helped me prepare for interviews, the pep talks from office mates, study buddies...

I know that I would not have been able to get into meds school if it weren't for all the people along the way to hold me up.


These are the same people I will blame for not stopping me when I'm knee deep in ca-ca.

No comments: