Friday, June 15, 2007

And so it begins...


I've had these nibbly little thoughts lately, ones that are desperately trying to get my attention and that I am desperately trying to ignore. I've been accepted into med school, I'll be starting this fall, but am I doing the right thing? Should I be taking the acceptance into a masters program instead? At least that would pay me to learn.

But most importantly, don't these people know that I'm just faking it? That I don't know if I can be a doctor? That I am an imposter? What if I'm found out? What if someone asks me an incredibly difficult anatomy question on the first day? What if no one likes me?


Chatting with some friends in similar, yet clearly different boats, I realise that I'm not the only imposter. There's a bunch of us hoping to fake it 'til we make it.

No comments: