Monday, September 5, 2011

Last long weekend

I can't believe summer has gone by so quickly! Every fall I make plans for the next summer - more camping and kayaking, more patio times with friends. I think this is the first summer in ages I actually got to keep my promises to myself. Bizarre considering that residency has been ruling my life. I think that I was able to squish in more fun because I made a real effort to have fun when I could.

My good friend is flying in this afternoon. We have a busy two days planned before I head back to the ED - dinner, drinks and games/movies; blueberry pancakes on the patio; hiking the escarpment and a spa afternoon.

Having 4 separate weeks of vacation/year encourages residents to use the time wisely and plan ahead to do something fun and/or relaxing. It's been a long time since I've given myself that luxury. I could really get used to it!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: