Monday, May 27, 2013

All of Life's Important Lessons

Everything you need to know comes from the movie Princess Bride.

Here, Buzzfeed shows us some of the funnier lessons.

A mom blogs about what Princess Bride taught her about autism. I love her take on it and think it's applicable to everyone, not just those who love someone with autism.

My favourite lesson is the first:

1.  Affection doesn’t have to mean saying I love you

Reading a story to someone who’s sick in bed, saying “as you wish” or playing rhyming games that annoy your boss... there are many more ways to show love than just those three little words.

I've found a new reason why this is important. Many patients that I have are stubborn. Shocking I'm sure. Today I told a woman that because she refuses her daughters' help, it's like she's not letting them show her how much they love her.

I may have just taken the guilt trip to a whole new level.

No comments: