Friday, September 5, 2008

O Week

Holy cats. What an O Week this is turning out to be. The biggest 2 parties are still coming up so the coordinators in their infinite wisdom gave the 2012s last night off to recoup and recover, they weren't quite ready for the partying force that is the 2011s.

Tonight's party involves us dressing up as our favourite 80s movie. Since most of my group doesn't know many 80s movies, we've decided to do a "concept" team costume instead. We will be ever so Pretty in Pink. Last night we hit a thrift store looking for pink clothes - so fun seeing the guys in pink dresses. My dress is a bit more revealing than I would normally wear. It seems likely I'll have a shirt on underneath.

In other news, endocrinology is like death from a thousand paper cuts. They jumped in with both feet, skipping the pesky "what does each hormone do" lecture and moved directly into the tumours and crazy diseases associated with them. Thank goodness I have all this extra time to cover them on my own - no sarcasm. Well, not much.

Oh, and I may have pissed off the academic dean in a recent meeting so I've got to make sure that I don't need his help. So off to figuring out what's happening with these hormones.

No comments: