Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Screw it

I’m just so tired of having to be persistently pleasant while at work, in the grocery store, on email. If I’m not, I’m seen as a bitch. Other (read male) physicians are allowed to be as moody, rude, blunt, cruel as they want to be. If I’m not smiling constantly and holding peoples’ hands I’m the bitchy doctor. 
Screw this. Screw gossipy nurses who still treat me like I’m not a physician. Screw the backwoods attitude that men are held to a lower standard and that women are supposed to be soft, pink, and fluffy 24/7. Screw “business feminists” who write crappy leadership literature that perpetuates these ideals. Screw jackass patients that don’t like hearing the truth. Screw the parts of my professional life that are unprofessional and make me lose my temper. 

No comments: