Friday, April 5, 2013

You might be a rural resident if...

You've used the phrase "the antibiotics I usually use for manure spreader injuries are..."

You need to avoid the horse plop when running between the clinic and hospital.

Your nurses are just nurses, not OR nurses and ER nurses and post surgical nurses. They do it all. And rock.

You ask all patients how they heat their homes and what kind of flooring they have. I have several patients who use wood exclusively to heat their homes and others with dirt flooring.

You've diagnosed ORF.

When screening for suicidality, checking for firearms in the home is a real concern. As is rope in the barn to hang from.

Your grocery buying habits have greatly improved because the store is full of your patients who are watching your cart.

Almost none of your patients are full code "I wouldn't treat my horse like that, why would I treat myself that way?".


No comments: