Sunday, April 28, 2013

Exam nightmares

Last night, I was senior resident on call in a teaching hospital. I'd never done this before so it was acknowledged that it was a favour.

My consultant was my grade one teacher. I was still anxious about talking on the phone with her. Not knowing I was on call, I was drunk, and had to speak with her. Mrs. Grade One didn't seem to notice but it was mortifying.

There was also a lot of explaining my age and still being a resident. Also explaining that I'm used to emergencies coming in drips and drabs at my wee hospital.

No actual medicine, just feeling fully out of place and not at all ready.

That's what nightmares ate for though right? To show you what your insecurities are so you can analyse them in the cold light of day and kick them to the curb?

Rawr. I've got this.

No comments: