Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The most terrifying words I've ever heard

"Dr. Imposter we need you in the special care nursery STAT. RUN!"

I ran. And was terrified. I haven't learned paediatric resuscitation yet. Terrified.

Once I got there I was pretty much furniture. The RT and the nurses ran everything and made the baby go from yucky looking to feisty. These guys rock.

Once I could feel my feet again I asked the RT a million questions about what had happened, and I learned.

I also learned that I was not as calm in the face of a critically ill patient as I thought I'd be. That was eye opening.

I need more practice in dealing with scary situations. It's difficult to convince patients to let me make them critically ill so I can learn. (jokes)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: