Sunday, February 26, 2012

Bear

When I travel, go on call, sleep on my couch or in my bed, I have bear.

I've had him since my second year of university. Without him, I have difficulty sleeping and end up using scrunched up towels as a poor substitute.

It's nice to know I'm not alone. 25% of British adults sleep with bears, though, most of that number are men. http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/daily-buzz/survey-says-teddy-bears-accompany-many-british-adults-183611597.html

No matter how my day has been spinning out of control, Bear makes me feel grounded and helps me remember that sleep time is precious. Some days, feeling that my day is over is impossible until I am snuggled with Bear. There are no questions or expectations, no judgements or advice, just calm and softness.


Sigh.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: