Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Lots of information, not enough neurons

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Midterm is next Monday, Finals start the week before Christmas. The first final will be fine but the next 3 I haven't begun to prepare for.

I'm still going to do observerships because that's where I feel I learn more about medicine than I ever do in lecture.

My last was with a hospitalist who let me do rounds with his residents. I was taught to do some tests and was included in conversations about the patients' care. I can't believe it's taken me so long to do these!

My next is a psych observership which I'm really looking forward to. I'm not sure if I want to be a psychiatrist - in fact I'm not at all sure I know what I want to be, but it will be great to learn what they do. I think that no matter what practice I end up taking up, there will be a psych component to it. Same as regardless of which practice we choose, we're all going to be geriatritians. As I go through my class material, I try to think about how what I'm learning is different if the patient is old. Should be good practice right?

One of my finals is MSK (musculoskeletal) so I've arranged for my observership before finals to be in the osteoporosis clinic. It'll be like review for the final right??

The more I think about finals, the more I freak out. It's a lot of information for me to have in my head and be able to apply clinically. Clinical application is fun but requires that I really own the material.

Which means I better get back to work and stop watching Bones.

No comments: