Saturday, September 11, 2010

electives!!

This is an entirely new way of learning for me. Rather than learning things for the first time ever, I'm adding to what I already know.

I know how to write a progress note, take a history, do a focused physical, present patients, write orders and scripts; know most pysch meds, pain meds and iv solutions though very little antibiotics. I'm comfortable doing many procedures like suturing, casting and catheterizing.

This is my chance to get better. A lot of my class is using this time to become more competitive and get letters for CaRMS. That's probably a good idea. I'm not doing that though. It worries me that I may not get the program that I want most, but if I don't take this opportunity to take advantage of things like an Infectious Disease elective, I know I'll regret it.

Posted by ShoZu

No comments: