Sunday, November 2, 2008

Game Face

My GI exam is coming up. I have a lot of studying left to do. I still love this block and I'm still not going to be a gastro enterologist.

I took a mental health day today and it was fantastic. Most of the day was watching "How I met your mother". Not exactly ideal study conditions, but wonderful for making me smile and lose track of my stresses. And there was chocolate. Far too much chocolate. Tasty tasty chocolate.

But I digress.

There are many students in my class who are focusing on studies alone, leaving all the organization and advocacy to other people. That's fine, I respect that. I just wish they wouldn't rub my nose in it.

I know that I am just as smart and able to succeed in school as well as advocate for my fellow students.

I am currently giving myself a pep talk. One that will allow me to get to work and learn everything I could ever want to know about the pancreas and liver (and more). I'm putting on my game face and being the strong woman I know I can be.

No comments: