Wednesday, March 9, 2011

match celebrations


Match Day is a crazy day. Crazy.

I finally fell asleep at 4:30 and was late meeting my friend. We decided to check our match at Starbucks. It seemed like a nice neutral place - no other med students, no partners - just tasty beverages and sweet treats prn.

She logged in first and squealed almost immediately. She matched to her number one ranked program in a very competitive specialty. So fantastic.

Of course I couldn't log in. The stress was ridiculous at this point.

When I finally was able to log in (¹minute not the 20 it felt like), I found out I matched to my third choice. I was devastated. It was hard - I was happy for my friend, sad for me. So was she.

The lack of sleep and shock of not getting my number one or two threw me and I was upset for hours.

Then I got over it. And now I'm excited for my next steps.

Posted by ShoZu

No comments: